2020 Student Media Festival Information
Open to all students in Gwinnett County Public Schools, the annual GCPS Student Media Festival celebrates the talents and visions of student digital media producers. The festival is coordinated by the GCPS Broadcast Department/GCPS TV and supported by media specialists, teachers, administrators, industry professionals, local businesses, and community members.
Dates and Deadlines
Call for Entries - December 2, 2019 through February 7, 2020
February 7, 2020
Entries and all required forms are due to the Broadcast Department/GCPS TV.
February 27, 2020
The GCPS TV Media Festival judging will be held at the Instructional Support Center, Building 200.
March 17, 2020
Student Media Festival Showcase at the ISC
Steps to Complete the Paperwork and Submit Your Projects:
Step 1 Students create a Media Festival Production and complete the following 2 forms:
About My Project/Copyright Compliance Form
Producer and Talent Media Release Form
Step 2 Students submit completed forms to their sponsor (teacher or media specialist).
Step 3 Sponsors complete and submit the online Registration Entry Form. Each production must have a unique and specific title (i.e. do not name class projects with titles such as Betsy Ross #1, Betsy Ross #2).*Sponsors are responsible for reviewing productions to ensure they are suitable quality for submission to the festival.
Step 4 Sponsors submit Media Festival Packets via courier, addressed to "Broadcast Dept, Bldg 200/ISC, Attn: Kim Daniels" by Friday, February 7, 2020. Each packet will include student production media (USB Drive) along with ALL signed forms. Please note: a URL is only accepted for website design projects.
Step 5 Media Festival Judging will take place at the ISC on Thursday, February 27,2020.
Media Festival Packets must be physically turned in to the Broadcast Department by Friday, February 7 at 6 pm.
Use a 9x12 envelope and attach/include the following items:
- Packet Cover Sheet attached to the front of the envelope
- Media Festival Production media stored on USB. Only one entry per USB. Media must be labeled with the Title of the production.
- About My Project/Copyright Compliance form (both pages of this 2-page document are required)
- Signed Producer and Talent Media Release form for each student participant
- Copyright Permission Letter from Copyright owner, if applicable
- Retain a complete, high-resolution copy of your production for your records.
- All entries must represent work completed after March of the previous year.
- Please test the file on more than one computer/device outside of your school network to ensure it will open appropriately.
Stay Tuned . . .
Productions that score high enough will qualify for the State Media Festival held in Macon, GA - Postponed; New Date to be Announced.
In addition, selected productions (suitable for general audience viewing) will be chosen for the GCPS TV Student Media Festival Showcase, hosted at the ISC on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Student producers will walk the red carpet, meet fellow producers and view the judges' selection of "Outstanding Productions."
Thank you for entering the GCPS Student Media Festival.
We look forward to receiving great student work!