Description of Services
Audiological services are provided as a means of assessing degree and type of hearing impairment and its educational significance. This service is provided through a diagnostic audiology clinic which is available for evaluation of hearing sensitivity, hearing aid evaluations, and hearing aid checks.
Types of Services
A complete audiological clinic is located at:
Oakland Meadow School
590 Old Snellville Highway
Lawrenceville, GA 30045
Services at the facility include:
- Pure tone air and bone conduction testing
- Video otoscopy
- Audiometric speech evaluation (word reception and recognition)
- Hearing aid checks
- Electroacoustic analysis of hearing aids
- Otoacoustic emissions testing
- Evaluation and fitting of FM systems
Itinerant screening is performed within the individual school for students in the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Program. Follow-up testing for students who do not pass the original screening or special education hearing screening is provided.
This service includes:
- Pure tone air and bone conduction
- Hearing aid/FM systems checks
- Otoacoustic emissions screening
Referrals are made directly to the Audiology Clinic at Oakland Meadow School by calling 770-513-6824. Referrals are accepted from:
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Psychologist/social worker
Any Gwinnett County resident, from age three through high school graduation, is eligible for these services. A student undergoing testing for GCPS special education placement may be seen at age 2 ½ years.