Description of Services
Educational Interpreters serve as communication links or bridges between students who are deaf/hard of hearing and persons who utilize hearing and speech as their primary mode of communication. Educational Interpreters enable students to access information provided by the interpreter through manual and/or visual communication modes and language systems understood by the student. The information conveyed to a student may involve one or a combination of the following:
- Actual classroom instruction
- Classroom discussion
- Interaction and conversation among teachers or staff
- Conversation among teachers and peers or other school personnel
- Directions and other appropriate discourse
- Media (educational movies, television programs, etc.)
- Information presented during extra-curricular activities in which a student is involved
- General or emergency announcements, etc.
- Any school assemblies, functions, etc.