On Wednesday, August 22, The American Heart Association honored 10 Gwinnett County elementary schools for their support of and focus on heart health. Brookwood Elementary, Chattahoochee Elementary, Cooper Elementary, Duncan Creek Elementary, Freeman’s Mill Elementary, Fort Daniel Elementary, Harbins Elementary, Roberts Elementary, Suwanee Elementary and Sycamore Elementary were recognized as the top fundraisers in the Jump Rope for Heart campaign.
Jump Rope for Heart is a community service and educational program that teaches children heart health habits that they can implement today and make a part of their daily routines for life. The 10 schools are among 48 Gwinnett County elementary schools that partner with The American Heart Association. The program also provides P.E. equipment to the schools, e-learning lesson plans, heart healthy games, heart facts, parent newsletters, and healthy recipes.
Representatives from the American Heart Association honored these top fundraising schools for their commitment to heart health during ceremonies on August 22.
- 8:15 a.m. - Chattahoochee Elementary
- 9:00 a.m. - Brookwood Elementary
- 9:35 a.m. - Cooper Elementary
- 10:05 a.m. - Harbins Elementary
- 10:40 a.m. - Freeman’s Mill Elementary
- 11:05 a.m. - Fort Daniel Elementary
- 11:30 a.m. - Duncan Creek Elementary
- 12:05 p.m. - Sycamore Elementary
- 1:30 p.m. - Roberts Elementary
- 1:50 p.m. - Suwanee Elementary (#1 School)