At its regular monthly meeting on June 20, 2019, the Gwinnett County Board of Education appointed Dr. Brandon Bell, an assistant principal at Lilburn Middle School, as the principal of GIVE Center East. He succeeds Durrant Williams who was recently named as the new principal of Berkmar High School. The Board also tapped Dr. Jeff Mathews, principal of Peachtree Ridge High School, as the district’s Assistant Superintendent of Leadership Development, filling the vacancy created as Dr. Glenn Pethel retires at the end of this month.
Dr. Brandon Bell, Principal of GIVE Center East
2014-Present Assistant Principal, Lilburn Middle School
2012-2015 Teacher Development Coach/Responsive Coaching Seminar Instructor, The New Teacher Project: Georgia Teaching Fellows
2009-2014 Teacher, Nesbit Elementary School
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education— North Carolina Central University (Durham, NC)
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership — Argosy University
- Specialist’s degree in Educational Leadership— West Georgia University
- Doctoral degree in Teaching and Learning—Argosy University
Dr. Bell is a graduate of Gwinnett County Public Schools’ Quality-Plus Leader Academy, Aspiring Principal Program (Cohort 13).
Dr. Jeff Mathews, Assistant Superintendent of Leadership Development
2013-Present Principal, Peachtree Ridge High School
2008-2013 Principal, Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology
2007-2008 Assistant Principal, Parkview High School
1996-2007 Teacher, Parkview High School
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry— Berry College
- Master’s degree in Secondary Science Education — University of Georgia
- Doctoral degree in Teaching and Learning: Science Education— Georgia State University
Dr. Mathews is a graduate of Gwinnett County Public Schools’ Quality-Plus Leader Academy, Aspiring Principal Program (Cohort 2).