At its regular monthly meeting on June 18, 2020, the Gwinnett County Board of Education appointed Dr. Nicole Irish as the next principal of Lilburn Middle School. Dr. Irish has been an assistant principal at Couch Middle School since 2016. Prior to that, she spent three years as an assistant principal at Trickum Middle School. Dr. Irish is a veteran educator with 15 years’ experience in Gwinnett County Public Schools. Dr. Irish will assume the principal position at Lilburn Middle School on July 1 as Dr. Yvette Arthur, the school’s principal since November 2012, takes leave.
Dr. Nicole Irish, Principal of Lilburn Middle School
2016–Present Assistant Principal, Couch Middle School
2013–2016 Assistant Principal, Trickum Middle School
2012–2013 Administrative Intern, Trickum Middle School
2005–2012 Counselor, Dacula Middle School
1998-2004 Teacher/Camp Counselor, Nora’s Learn and Play Center (NY)
Client Service Supervisor, Intellirisk Management Corp., (NY)
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology— Hofstra University
- Master’s degree in School Counseling— Hofstra University
- Master’s degree in Elementary Reading and Math— Walden University
- Specialist’s degree in Educational Leadership— Argosy University
- Doctoral degree in Education Leadership— Argosy University
Dr. Irish is a graduate of Gwinnett County Public Schools’ Quality-Plus Leader Academy Aspiring Principal Program (2018) and the district’s Quality-Plus Leader Academy Aspiring Leader Program (2012).