More than 200 Summerour Middle School students and more than four dozen additional students in Gwinnett County Public Schools’ Community-Based Mentoring Program will attend the Power of WE Symposium on Friday, May 10. The Power of WE Symposium features compelling business leaders and motivational speakers from around the world relaying their stories of how they overcame adversity to achieve their goals to hundreds of Atlanta area middle and high school students. The symposium will be held at the Biltmore Ballrooms/Georgian Ballroom in downtown Atlanta.
The event seeks to uplift, motivate, encourage, and celebrate youth leaders through adult allies who plan to speak purpose into the young adult’s journey. These student leaders will be treated to a full red carpet entry to start their day filled with life changing presentations, Q & A segments, photo opportunities, live musical entertainment, swag bags, and much more. The goal is to create an event that will forever remind each student that they can achieve anything just like the featured presenters. Confirmed participants include:
- Loren Michaels Harris, Founder of the Power of WE Symposium and Keynote Speaker: The Power of Youth
- Shelly Hart, Main Stage Emcee
- Coach Chuck Prinzen, Audience Emcee
- Brenda Tucker-Jeffreis, Keynote Speaker: The Power of Relationships
- Tiauna Ross, Keynote Speaker: The Power of Belief
- Dom Faussette, Keynote Speaker: The Power of Heart
- Mistie Layne, keynote Speaker: The Power of Truth
- Timothy R. Johnson, Keynote Speaker: The Power of Persuasion
- Jason Sisneros, Keynote Speaker: The Power of Consequence
- Jonte Hall, Keynote Speaker: The Power of Standing Tall
- Dr. Naira Velumyan, Keynote Speaker: The Power of Vision
- Rachel Lee Coppola, Event Producer
Sponsorship packages are available in order to make this dream a reality for deserving students. The cost is $250 per student for the daylong event which includes a catered breakfast and lunch. For more information on The Power of We Symposium or to provide sponsorship for a deserving student, visit https://powerofwesymposium.com or contact Loren M. Harris at 269-338-4246.