On Tuesday, April 23, Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) will host a Special Education Job Fair from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the J. Alvin Wilbanks Instructional Support Center, located at 437 Old Peachtree Road NW in Suwanee. The fair is by invitation only and will consist of pre-scheduled interviews for all levels-- elementary, middle & high school. Those eligible to attend must be certified (or will be by July 2019) in any field of Special Education. GCPS will be offering Letters of Intent for the 2019-20 school year.
Interested candidates should:
- Complete a GCPS online application at gcpsjob.org and have two supervisory references submitted along with a copy of GACE Program Admission Assessment and GACE Content Assessment or state certification documentation. If you are student teaching, your two references must be from your Cooperating Teacher and a University Supervisor. If you are a current teacher, your two references must be from your current Principal and another current supervisor. If you are changing careers, your two references must be from current supervisors.
- Submit a request to attend the Job Fair by Friday, April 19.
- Log in and check online application for completion.
Special Education Fields of most need include:
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders (EBD)
- Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
- Intellectual Disabilities (ID)
- Orthopedically Impaired (OI)
- Visually Impaired (VI)
- Speech/Language Impairments (Speech-Language Pathology)
Those invited for interviews will receive email confirmation/additional instructions.
Limited interview times are available. Individuals selected to attend the fair will receive an email confirmation. If you have questions about the job fair or the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-301-6076.