Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) will host the 2018 STEM Teacher Career Fair Saturday, December 15, from 8 a.m. to noon, at Paul Duke STEM High School, (5850 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Norcross). The fair is an invitation-only event consisting of pre-scheduled interviews. Those eligible to attend must be certified or willing to complete certification requirements and enroll in a certification program in any STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math). GCPS will be looking to fill open positions for Spring 2019 and the 2019-2020 school year.
Candidates who meet the requirements and would like to participate in the fair should follow the following steps:
- Complete a GCPS online application and have two supervisory references submitted along with a resume, copy of official college transcripts, and any GACE Assessments completed thus far. If you already are certified, please upload a copy of your teaching certificate.o
- If you are student teaching, your two references must be from your Cooperating Teacher and a University Supervisor.
- If you are a current student in a non-education field, your two references should be from a university supervisor or work/volunteer experience supervisor.
- If you are a current teacher, your two references must be from your current Principal and another current supervisor.
- If you are changing careers, your two references must be from current supervisors.
- Registration will close end of day on Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Those eligible to attend must be certified or seeking certification in any STEM field. Non-certified candidates are required to have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA. Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience working in a STEM field,
- A degree in a STEM related field,
- Student teaching experience in a STEM field and will hold certification upon graduation, or
- Certification as a teacher (in or out of state) in a STEM field.
Those invited for interviews will receive email confirmation prior to the day of the fair with additional instructions.
For additional information or questions, email email@example.com.