Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) will host a Substitute Teaching Job Fair on Tuesday, February 28, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Baldwin Elementary School. Interested candidates are invited to attend and speak to substitute staffing team members about how to come a GCPS Substitute Teacher. Computer labs will be available and fully staffed to walk candidates through the online application process. Baldwin Elementary School is located at 123 Price Street in Norcross.
If you are interested in substitute teaching and making a difference in the lives of Gwinnett County students, please plan to attend. And here are some additional reasons why substitute teaching might be for you:
- Make connections for future full-time employment opportunities;
- Define your days and hours of availability;
- Control your commute – GCPS substitute teachers have many work locations from which to choose;
- Work around your family’s schedule;
- Earn money while working toward a teaching certificate; or
- Enjoy retirement and earn part-time income.
Frequently asked questions regarding substitute teaching in Gwinnett:
- Do applicants need to take a substitute teacher class?
No. When the application is complete, the sub recruitment team will contact the applicant with the substitute teacher training information. Applicants with a valid or expired professional teaching certificate are exempt from this training program.
- What are the requirements?
Applicants are required to have at least 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of college credit.
- Is an online application required before attending this event?
Registration and application are not required to attend this event.