2019 Kindergarten Registration
Begin registration on the website for your child's new school, and then complete the process at the school.
Bring your rising Kindergartner with you
|WHY:||Your child will complete the Kindergarten Readiness Entry Profile, allowing your child’s teacher to be ready to welcome your new kindergartner on the first day of school— Monday, August 5, 2019. (Look online for other important calendar dates for the 2019-20 school year (pdf).)|
|HOW:||Bring your child and the documents listed below to the school during the designated registration hours. Allow plenty of time to fill out forms and for your child to be assessed.|
Find information in other languages on these links
What to Bring for Registration:
- Your child! Your child will complete a Kindergarten Readiness Entry Profile and take part in other activities on registration day. It's important that your child participate in this exciting day.
- An official document showing proof of birth date. Examples include an original birth certificate or birth registration, an official state or federal form with date of birth, or passport. Parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state's ROVER service for a fee.
- Proof of residency in attendance zone. The school requires proof of residency, which may be verified by presenting a current utility bill (excluding telephone bills) AND one of the following documents:
- - a non-contingent sales contract
- current lease/rental agreement
- most recent income tax return
- current paycheck stub
- current residential property tax statement or bill
- current warranty or quitclaim deed
- current home purchase agreement
- current homeowner’s insurance policy
Documents presented for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill. An exception: A deed without an address is acceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills) with same address in the attendance zone. A contingency contract is not acceptable. If you live with a friend or family member and need information about verifying your residency, call your local school.
- A Georgia certificate of immunization. By state law, a valid certificate of immunization (Form #3231) or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Exemption (Department of Public Health Form #2208, available from the school) is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department or your healthcare provider. A valid Form #3231 must be marked with either “Date of Expiration” or as “Complete for School Attendance.” (A certificate marked with a “Date of Expiration” expires on the date indicated. A current certificate must be submitted within 30 days of expiration.) A medical exemption, if applicable, should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration.
- Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening obtained in the past year. This information should be on a current Georgia Form #3300 (rev. 2013), available from the health department (pdf) or your physician and dentist and dated within the last 12 months. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form.
- Proof of authorized person to enroll. The following people are authorized to enroll students: parent (natural or adoptive), legal guardian, grandparent with a properly executed power of attorney for the care of a minor child, kinship caregiver with a properly executed Kinship Caregiver Affidavit, or foster parent appointed by a state agency.
- A photo ID. The person enrolling a student should present proper identification. This identification may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate.
- The child’s social security number. State law requires that schools ask for this number at the time of enrollment. Students will be enrolled, even if the number is not provided. However, parents will be asked to sign a waiver.
Follow one of these links to create/use your Parent Portal account and start your enrollment on April 1.