Kindergarten Registration for the 2016-17 school year
Begin registration on the website for your child's new school, available April 4, and then complete the process at the school.
Bring your rising Kindergartner with you!
Find information in other languages on these links
What to Bring for Registration:
- Your child! Schools offer activities or screenings on registration day. It's important that your child participate in this exciting day for your family.
- An official document showing proof of birth date. Examples include an original birth certificate or birth registration, an official state or federal form with date of birth, or passport. For a fee, parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state's ROVER service.
- Proof of residency in attendance zone. The school requires proof of residency, which may be verified by presenting a current utility bill (excluding telephone bills) with one of the following documents:
- - a non-contingent sales contract
- current lease/rental agreement
- most recent income tax return
- current paycheck stub
- current residential property tax statement or bill
- current warranty or quitclaim deed
- current home purchase agreement
- current homeowner’s insurance policy
Documents presented for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill. An exception: A deed without an address is acceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills) with same address in the attendance zone. A contingency contract is not acceptable. If you live with a friend or family member and need information about verifying your residency, call your local school.
- A Georgia certificate of immunization. By state law, a valid certificate of immunization (Form #3231) or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Exemption (available from school) is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department or your private physician. A valid Form #3231 must be marked with either “Date of Expiration” or as “Complete for School Attendance.” (A certificate marked with a “Date of Expiration” expires on the date indicated. A current certificate must be submitted within 30 days of expiration.) A medical exemption, if applicable, should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration.
- Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening obtained in the past year. This information should be on a current Georgia Form #3300 (rev. 2013), available from the health department or your physician and dentist and dated within the last 12 months. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form.
- A photo ID. The person enrolling a student should present proper identification. This identification may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate.
- Proof of custody/guardianship. Proof of Guardianship is required for registration if the enrolling adult is not the birth parent. Contact Gwinnett County Probate Court at 770-822-8350.
- The child’s social security number. State law requires that schools ask for this number at the time of enrollment. Students will be enrolled, even if the number is not provided. However, parents will be asked to sign a waiver.
- A copy of the pre-K progress report if your child has attended a state Pre-K program. You also can bring the final Pre-K assessment to your child's teacher when the school year begins. The information can serve as a benchmark of your child's skills and abilities.