COVID-19 Helping Families Stay Healthy
As always we recommend that people stay home when sick, cover coughs and sneezes, and practice good handwashing hygiene. These recommendations are especially important during cold and flu season. Below are everyday actions you and your family can take to stay healthy.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow or cover with a tissue. In other words, keep germs off your hands. Put used tissues in a wastebasket and then wash your hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Don’t share personal items, including toothbrushes, towels, cups/glasses, utensils, etc.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are frequently touched, using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe following the instructions on the label.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If your children get sick, please keep them home from school and limit contact with others. If your child is ill and has recently traveled to an area affected by COVID-19, or has been around someone who has been infected with COVID-19, contact your child’s healthcare provider immediately.