The new school year begins Monday, August 5, 2019, and there is no time like the present to register if you are a student new to Gwinnett County. In fact, summer is the best time to get ready, get set, and get registered if you are new to Gwinnett or changing schools due to a move! Gwinnett County Public Schools will hold NEW student registration at all local schools on the following Tuesdays and Thursdays in July: July 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, and 25 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Schools may have other registration opportunities available; contact your local school for additional registration dates and hours.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to visit their local school websites to begin the registration process online. If a parent is unsure of which school their child will attend, they can visit the “School Look-up” online at http://bit.ly/GCPSSchoolLocator. Parents and guardians will need to visit their local school to complete registration. In addition to bringing your child, the following documents are needed to complete the process:
- An official document showing proof of birth date
- Proof that you live in attendance zone
- A valid Georgia certificate of immunization (GA Form #3231)
- Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (GA Form #3300-Rev. 2013)
- A photo ID for the adult registering the child
- Proof of authorized person to enroll
- Child’s social security number (or you may sign a waiver at the school)
For more on registration in Gwinnett County Public Schools, go to www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us.