Gwinnett County Public Schools’ award-winning school nutrition program provides tasty, nutritious meals to students at an economical price. Gwinnett cafeterias serve many of the brands families use at home (Tyson, General Mills, Kellogg’s, Land O’ Lakes, and many more). In addition, students are served a variety of fruits and vegetables through Gwinnett’s Farm to School program which has been in place since the 2010-11 school year. In all, 134 school cafeterias will offer breakfast and lunch daily. Students and parents can check out menus using an app—search for “Nutrislice” on Google Play or the App Store—or they can find menus online at www.gwinnett.nutrislice.com.
What’s new on the menu for the 2019-20 school year?
- Chopped Salads
- Gourmet Burgers
- Deep Dish and French Bread Pizza
- Café Chicken Minis on Parker House Rolls
- Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Lemongrass Thai Bowl
*New* A La Carte and Limited Time Items:
- Iced Coffee (high school only)
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie (high school only: fall semester)
- Cereal Milk Pudding (World School Milk Day: 9/25/19)
- Strawberry Shortcake (high school only: Valentine’s Day 2020)
2019-2020 School Meal Prices (No change from the previous year)
2018-2019 Program Accomplishments:
- Average health inspection score of 99.3
- $40K in various grant awards to expand breakfast in the classroom
- $105K grant award for the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program in three schools
2018-2019 Farm to School Highlights:
- 9.7 million servings of regionally grown produce
- 1.7 million servings of Georgia Grown produce
- 12,528 pounds of Georgia Grown Strawberries
- 960 Georgia Grown Pumpkins to make Harvest Spice Pumpkin Bars
- 275 student interactions with local farmers during field trips
Last school year …
GCPS served 20,151,180 student lunches and 10,500,095 student breakfasts
Follow GCPS’ school nutrition program on Instagram @cafegwinnett or on Facebook at Gwinnett County School Nutrition Program.
Please contact Communication and Media Relations for a zip file of photos of some of the new menu items.