Student Support Services
Fear and anxiety about a disease with many unknowns like COVID-19, may be overwhelming and can cause strong emotions in adults and children. Schools play an important role in helping students and staff cope with the stress and build resilience in times like these.
- GCPS counselors and social workers are available to support students as needed.
- We encourage staff, students, and families to talk with others they trust about their concerns regarding COVID-19 and how they are feeling.
- Additional behavioral health services are available for students, families, and staff. Please contact your school’s counselor for more information.
Resources:COVID-19 Toolbox for Students, Parents and Professionals
- Coronavirus Tips for Families
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus Crisis