Credit Recovery Information
What is the schedule for Credit Recovery Online Summer School?
- May 26-June 15, 2020
- Credit Recovery courses are offered online with daily online teacher support from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- According to Georgia Virtual School guidelines, all courses must be completed by June 18, 2020. Students will not have access to complete the course after June 18, 2020.
How much does a Credit Recovery course cost?
- $100 for each Credit Recovery course. Students may sign up for a maximum of two credit recovery courses through the Summer School program.
How does Credit Recovery work?
- Students take a pretest at the beginning of each unit. If that score is 85% or higher, the student is allowed to proceed directly to that unit's posttest. If the pretest score is less than 85%, the student must view every content item in the unit. The posttest will be available to the student when all items have been completed.
- In order to move out of one unit into the next, the student must score a 70% or higher on the unit posttest.
- Only unit posttests/final exams/EOC assessments are recorded in the final grade. Students must complete the entire course and the final exam or EOC to receive credit for the course.
- NCAA does NOT accept Georgia Virtual School Credit Recovery credits.
Which Credit Recovery courses are offered?
Semester 1 and Semester 2 options are offered for the following courses:
- 9th Grade Language Arts
- 10th Grade Language Arts
- 11th Grade Language Arts
- 12th Grade Language Arts
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Environmental Science
- World History
- US History
- Political Systems
- Algebra I
- Math of Finance
How do I sign up for a Credit Recovery course?
First, meet with your counselor to determine if a Credit Recovery course is the right choice for you. When you are ready to register, visit www.mypaymentsplus.com to select and pay for your course. Be careful to select the course labeled Credit Recovery.
After registering through MPP, go to http://www.gacreditrecovery.org/, choose “Log In To Credit Recovery” > “Student Login” > “Register” and create your account. Please make note of your login ID and password.