Credit Recovery Information
The Face-to-Face High School Summer School program offers Credit Recovery courses to GCPS students who previously failed a course with a grade within the 60-69 range.
What is the schedule for Credit Recovery during Face-to-Face Summer School?
- June 10-14, 2019 from 7-11 a.m. each day.
- EOC test dates are scheduled for June 24-28.
- Credit Recovery courses are offered at the Dacula High School location only.
- According to Georgia Virtual School guidelines, students have 26 weeks to complete the course. Students who do not complete the course during June 10-14 will need to finish up at their local school when they return in the fall.
How much does a Credit Recovery course cost?
- $100 for each Credit Recovery course. Students may sign up for a maximum of two credit recovery courses through the Summer School program. They may add an additional face-to-face course for the afternoon session at Dacula High School.
How does Credit Recovery work?
- Students take a pretest at the beginning of each unit. If that score is 85% or higher, the student is allowed to proceed directly to that unit's posttest. If the pretest score is less than 85%, the student must view every content item in the unit. The posttest will be available to the student when all items have been completed.
- In order to move out of one unit into the next, the student must score a 70% or higher on the unit posttest.
- Only unit posttests/final exams/EOC assessments are recorded in the final grade. Students must complete the entire course and the final exam or EOC to receive credit for the course.
- NCAA does NOT accept Georgia Virtual School Credit Recovery credits.
- Students will adhere to the established Summer School Attendance policy (only one absence allowed in order to continue attending the Summer School location). If students are absent more than one day, they will still be allowed to continue with the course through Georgia Virtual School on their own.
Which Credit Recovery courses are offered?
Semester 1 and Semester 2 options are offered for the following courses:
- 9th Grade Language Arts
- 10th Grade Language Arts
- 11th Grade Language Arts
- 12th Grade Language Arts
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Environmental Science
- World History
- US History
- Political Systems
- Algebra I
- Math of Finance
How do I sign up for a Credit Recovery course?
First, meet with your counselor to determine if a Credit Recovery course is the right choice for you. When you are ready to register, visit www.mypaymentsplus.com to select and pay for your course. Be careful to select the course labeled Credit Recovery.
After registering through MPP, go to http://www.gacreditrecovery.org/, choose “Log In To Credit Recovery” > “Student Login” > “Register” and create your account. Please make note of your login ID and password.