- Each year, school administrators undergo crisis management training.
- Each school has key staff members with assigned roles and responsibilities to perform during an emergency.
- The school system’s emergency response plan is modeled on the National Incident Management System (NIMS) that has been developed by the Department of Homeland Security.
- Every school conducts emergency drills throughout the school year so that students and staff are aware of the most effective and safe emergency responses.
- Parents are involved and visible on school campuses.
- Students take an active role by following rules and reporting those who do not.
The Board considers the appropriate, sensitive, and timely response by school staff to crisis situations to be of utmost importance. School personnel are trained to respond in a way that will minimize the impact of an emergency situation.