A reminder from Café Gwinnett: The Free- and Reduced-Priced Meal Application must be filled out each school year. (Even if you filled one out in the spring, you need to fill out a new one for the coming school year.) The online application for 2020-21 is now available at http://gwinnett.schoollunchapp.com. Note that those eligible for free- and reduced-priced meals may be able to access other types of public assistance or services that may be available during this pandemic.
I Want To…
GCPS has been a finalist for the prestigious Broad Prize three times (2009, 2010, and 2014) and is now a two-time winner (2010 and 2014). Gwinnett is the only previous winner to be named a finalist in its first year of eligibility. The system's combined Broad Prize winnings total $1.75 million in college scholarships for Gwinnett students. Learn about The Broad Foundation
- Rebecca Carlisle of North Gwinnett High School named a finalist for Georgia Teacher of the Year
- GCPSStrong campaign and eCard initiative are ways to celebrate and thank school district employees
- GCPS looking to hire special education teachers
- GCPS students earns prestigious Cooke college scholarships
- GCPS sibling educators honored by local credit union
- Gwinnett County Public Schools seniors awarded Corporate-Sponsored National Merit Scholarships
- GCPS students selected for state honors program
- Registration for Dual Language Immersion (DLI) program open for incoming kindergartners
Click here for information, resources, how-to’s, and more related to Gwinnett County Public Schools’ plans for Fall 2020. No matter if you are learning digitally or plan to transition to in-person... this is your go-to source.
A Message From J. Alvin Wilbanks, Superintendent
In this back-to-school message, CEO/Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks acknowledges that these are difficult times that could have far-reaching implications for our students, our community, public education, and our nation. In addition to asking for patience and cooperation as we work to safely start the school year, he expresses his confidence in the GCPS team and their efforts to serve students.
Click here to read his back-to-school message.