Gwinnett County Public Schools offers high schools two options for summer classes—face-to-face classes or online. These classes offer students the opportunity to take classes to get ahead or to make up a class previously failed. Learn about summer school options at http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/home/public/schools/summer.
A few things to note about summer school in GCPS:
- Transportation is not provided for face-to-face summer school classes or for the face-to-face sessions required for Online Campus courses.
- A student should take no more than two summer classes: two face-to-face classes, two online classes, or a combination.
- Cost per class for current GCPS students is $250.
- All tuition fees are due at the time of registration.
- Any student planning to participate in the summer school graduation ceremony must take all summer classes with GCPS.
- Face-to-face classes will not meet on June 16, June 23, June 30, or July 4. Online classes will meet on a Monday-Friday schedule.
- Rising 9th graders may take Health and/or Personal Fitness (PE). Both courses are required for graduation. These courses are available at Central Gwinnett and Meadowcreek (face-to-face), Gwinnett Online Campus (online), and Community Schools (face-to-face). Face-to-face will not meet on Fridays. Both programs will follow a Monday-to-Thursday schedule.
Face-to-Face Summer Classes
Registration for face-to-face and online high school summer classes is underway. Face-to-face summer classes, (June 13–July 11), will be offered at four locations, Central Gwinnett High, Meadowcreek High, Mill Creek High, and Shiloh High.
Students may register online (www.mypaymentsplus.com) for face-to-face summer classes through June 1, or register in person from 4 to 7 p.m. on June 1 at Central Gwinnett High (564 W. Crogan St. in Lawrenceville). Course offerings and frequently asked questions (FAQs) can be found on the face-to-face summer school website. (www.gcpssummerschool.org)
Online Summer Classes
Online summer classes (June 5–30) will be offered through Gwinnett Online Campus (GOC). Registration for those classes is open through May 24. Course offerings, FAQs along with registration information can be found on the GOC website. http://www.gwinnettonlinecampus.com/summer.html)
Note: Students taking Health and Personal Fitness MUST be available for face-to-face requirements on June 1, June 2, or June 5 (Personal Fitness only) AND June 26 (both courses).
Students may register online at www.mypaymentsplus.com or in person on June 1 at Gwinnett Online Campus, located at 713 Hi Hope Road in Lawrenceville. Late registration for face-to-face classes is available June 6 from noon to 3 p.m. at Berkmar High for an additional fee of $25. Course offerings and frequently asked questions are available at www.gcpssummerschool.org.
Online summer classes, (June 6–30), will be offered through Gwinnett Online Campus (GOC). Registration for online classes is open through May 26. Course offerings, frequently asked questions and registration information can be found online at http://www.gwinnettonlinecampus.com/summer.html. Students taking Health and Personal Fitness MUST be available for face-to-face requirements on June 1 or 2 (Personal Fitness only) AND June 27 (both courses).