At its regular monthly meeting, the Gwinnett County Board of Education named two local school leaders to fill upcoming vacancies.
Clifton D. Alexander is the new Assistant Superintendent, Elementary Schools, in the Division of School Improvement & Operations. He replaces Dr. Clay Hunter who is the district’s Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instructional Support. Alexander currently serves as Principal at Simonton Elementary School. Dr. Chisel Valdez was appointed Principal at Stripling Elementary. She currently serves as Assistant Principal at Dacula Elementary School.
Clifton Alexander, Assistant Superintendent, Elementary Schools, Division of School Improvement & Operations
2013- Present Principal, Simonton Elementary School
2009-2013 Assistant Principal, Meadowcreek Elementary School
2006-2009 Teacher, Kelley Lake Elementary School (DeKalb County)
2003-2006 Teacher, Alice Coachman Elementary (Albany, GA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education — Albany State University
- Master’s degree in Psychology and Counseling — Troy State University
- Specialist’s degree in Educational Administration — Central Michigan University
Mr. Alexander is a graduate of the 2013 Quality-Plus Leader Academy, Aspiring Principal Program.
Dr. Chisel Valdez, Principal, Stripling Elementary School
2014- Present Assistant Principal, Dacula Elementary School
2010-2014 Assistant Principal, Minor Elementary School
2007-2010 Teacher & Department Chair, Grayson Elementary School
2003-2007 Teacher, North Lauderdale, FL
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education — Manhattan College
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership — Nova Southeastern University
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Organizational Leadership — Nova Southeastern University
Dr. Valdez is a graduate of the 2016 Quality-Plus Leader Academy, Aspiring Principal Program and the 2010 Quality-Plus Leader Academy, Aspiring Leader Program.